As I’m slowly making our house more environmentally friendly, I’m finding more and more ways to make sure everything is zero waste. In this post I will teach you how to make your own mouthwash!
Mouthwash is one of those things I actually rarely use, so if I’d buy a plastic bottle of it, it would most definitely reach it’s expiration date! But by making my own mouthwash means 1) no plastic bottles and 2) I can make as much (or as little) as needed.
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 100ml distilled water (you can easily make this your own which means even less waste, click here)
- 6 drops Peppermint natural extract
- (optional) 1/4 tl Xylitol
- Pour all of the ingredients in a glass bottle.
- Shake it well
- That’s it! You’ve made your own zero waste mouthwash. You can vary with the essential oils – rosemary, for example, or even orange if you like the taste! Don’t swallow this mouthwash, though.
One Reply to “How to make your own #zerowaste mouthwash”