What’s more fun than making vegan lava cakes? Making vegan lava cakes… but the floor is lava!
When I decided to make a “the floor is lava” video in the kitchen, I wasn’t sure what recipe to make. My sister then came up with the brilliant idea to make lava cakes. If you haven’t watched my “the floor is lava” video yet, watch it here on IGTV!
Making lava cakes was a first for me, and I’m quite proud of how these cakes turned out! The chocolate cake is just the right amount of gooey, and the chocolate in the middle melts perfectly. These vegan lava cakes are best served hot, hot, hot! (Although I did leave a couple in the fridge overnight which was a whole different experience).
Tip: Try using different types of vegan chocolate for a nice surprise!
Vegan lava cakes
- 75g plain flour
- 100g sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 30 g cacao
- 200ml oat milk
- 4 tbsp melted plantbased butter
- 6 to 8 pieces of vegan chocolate, your choice!
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Mix all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar, cacao) and start heating the butter.
- Add the wet ingredients (oat milk and melted butter). Mix until it’s a smooth batter.
- Grease a muffin tin and scoop the batter into the muffin tin. Make sure to only fill them halfway.
- Stick in a piece of chocolate in the middle of every lava cake.
- Now cover up the piece of chocolate with the leftover batter.
- Bake for 18 minutes.
- Leave to slightly cool on a cooling rack before you indulge into these delicious lava cakes. These lava cakes are best served warm, for that perfect lava cake effect!