The best way to start a lazy Sunday morning? With coffee and a good book. And, of course, these cinnamon bites.
The recipe is simple but oh so good. You’ll only need a couple of ingredients, I’m guessing most of you will already have these at home! It just takes four ingredients, and then you’ll have these delicious little bites.
You know those recipes that require puff pastry, but not all of it? The little piece of leftover puff pastry keeps lying in your fridge, until it’s turned into a brick. And then you’re forced to throw it out, cause there’s no way to make something out of it anymore. Well, this recipe has your back. You don’t need a lot of puff pastry, so it’s perfect to finish the whole pack before you have to let it go to waste. And you know me – waste not, want not!
You literally only need some puff pastry, butter, ground cinnamon and sugar. That’s it! Time to tuck in…
Vegan Cinnamon Bites
- 150 g puff pastry
- plant-based butter
- ground cinnamon
- Roll out the puff pastry vertically until it’s a thin rectangle of approx. 30 x 10 cm.
- Spread a thin layer of butter on the puff pastry.
- Sprinkle the ground cinnamon and sugar on top of the butter.
- Now roll it up! Roll from the longest side to create a long roll.
- Cut the roll in small pieces. In a preheated oven (200 C), bake the cinnamon bits on a baking tray for about 20 minutes.