The pumpkin spice cravings are real for me this season, but instead of rushing to Starbucks I stepped out of the warm and fuzzy autumnal comfort zone and made Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream!
This dessert will impress all of your #PSL-obsessed friends because it’s the real deal! And the best part is you don’t need a fancy ice cream machine to make it. This vegan pumpkin spice ice cream contains real pumpkin and is creamy, spicy and sweet.
For the ultimate Pumpkin Spice Latte feel – why not add some espresso to the recipe? Next time I might even add chocolate chips!
Pumpkin Spice and Everything (N)ice Cream
- 2 cans of 400 ml coconut milk, chilled
- 250 gr pitted dates
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 1/2 can/212 gram pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- Place a large mixing bowl in the freezer to chill for 10 minutes
- Soak dates for 10 minutes in hot water and then drain. Add dates to a food processor and process until it’s a thick paste. Add a bit of water if it’s too thick. Set aside.
- With a spoon scoop out the coconut cream, reserving the clear liquid that remains for other uses. Place in chilled mixing bowl and whip until creamy and smooth.
- Add the date paste and pumpkin puree. Also add the spices. Whip until fully incorporated.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe container and cover loosely with plastic wrap, then foil to help freeze.
- After a couple of hours you can take this out for a chilled mousse-like ice cream. Leave overnight for a firmer ice-cream. Enjoy!