Friday night is pizza night, am I right! Time to bake some pretzel pizzas!
Pretzel pizza? I can hear you think. Yes. Pretzel pizza. It’s a pizza, but with a pretzel base. And it’s delicious!
Even if it’s not Friday, I’m sure these pretzel pizzas will make you happy.
Vegan Pretzel Pizza
- 292 g self raising flour
- 5 g salt
- 6 g sugar
- 7 g (1 sachet) dried yeast
- 30 g butter, melted
- 180 ml lukewarm water
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- coarse salt
- Make sure the 180 ml water is not too hot, just lukewarm. Add the dried yeast and sugar and stir well. Leave for a couple of minutes – it will start bubbling a bit, meaning the yeast is activated.
- Mix the dry ingredients (except bicarbonate of soda) together in a bowl and gradually add the melted plant based butter and yeast mixture. Mix or knead everything together until all starts to come together. If you’re kneading by hand, keep going on for another 10 – 15 minutes. Otherwise use the stand mixer on low to medium speed until the dough ball looks smooth.
- Cover the bowl with a moist towel and let your dough rise at a warm place for 45 – 60 minutes, or until the dough has doubled in size.
- While waiting for the dough, you can prepare toppings for your pizza. For the sauce, I usually spice some tomato sauce up with smoked pepper powder. For toppings, I like chopped mushrooms, onion and vegan cheese, but be as creative as you want (yes, pineapple is allowed! 😉 )
- Preheat your oven to 200 C.
- Divide the dough in two equal parts (unless you’re in for one big pizza, I won’t stop you!) and shape the dough into a pizza base. I find it most easy to cover my kitchen counter with some flour, to make it less sticky.
- Put the pizza base on a backing tray.
- Now mix 30 ml water with 1 tsp of bicarbonate soda.
- With a baking brush, coat the crust of your pizza with this mixture. This is what gives your pretzel pizza that dark brown, crunchy crust! Sprinkle with some coarse salt while still wet.
- Top up your pizza with toppings of your choosing, then place your pretzel pizza in the oven for approx. 20 minutes. Enjoy!
2 Replies to “Vegan Pretzel Pizza Recipe”
That looks amazing..!
i have secret recipe for gluten free pizza crust with a slight twist, make sure to check it out https://mrzd.food.blog/2019/11/08/recipe-for-gluten-free-pizza-crust/