I’m back at it again – this time with a recipe for spicy cashew cheese! This is the real deal, so make sure to try it out!
If you used to be a huge cheese lover before you went vegan, that’s okay. I mean, I’ve heard it so many times, “I can’t give up cheese!”. And that’s okay. You’ll get there one day. Every step counts in veganism. But this vegan cheese recipe will make your journey to veganism just a bit easier.
If you’re not really into spicy food, you can replace the chipotle chilli flakes and smoked paprika powder for other herbs of your liking!
Spicy Vegan Cashew Cheese
- 75 g raw cashews
- 150 ml lukewarm water
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 4 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp chipotle chilli flakes
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1/8 tsp garlic granules
- pinch of salt
- Start with soaking the cashew nuts in hot water for half an hour.
- In a food processor, blend the cashews with water and sunflower oil until you get a smooth “sauce”.
- Add the dry ingredients and blend well.
- Pour the mixture into a pan and heat up – make sure you stir constantly. In a few minutes the mixture will change into a thick paste.
- Let the paste cool down and then transfer it to a tray. Let it set in the fridge for an hour.
This spicy cashew cheese goes very well on rice crackers. And again, if you don’t like spicy food, or you’d like to experiment with other herbs, feel free to! The basis for this cashew cheese is very easy, so why not make loads of variations! 🙂 Enjoy!