This chocolate cake is easy to make and contains ingredients you usually already have in your cupboards (at least I do!). So put on your apron and get baking!
Using a mix of soy milk and apple cider vinegar is my favorite way of making a vegan egg substitute. The milk starts to curdle immediately after adding the vinegar, but nonetheless you should stir the mixture well and then leave it for about five minutes.
Vegan Chocolate Cake
Serve with home made iced coffee
- 340g Self raising flour
- 230g Sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2-3 tbsp cacao
- 180g plantbased butter
- 400 ml unsweetened soy milk
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Mix the unsweetened soy milk and apple cider vinegar and stir well. Leave for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix all dry ingredients together.
- Mix the soy milk through the dry ingredients and make sure there’s no lumps in the batter.
- Now add the plant-based butter and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a baking tin. Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then remove the cake to a wire rack to cool fully.