The weather is getting better every day, and with the summer time, evenings last longer. So brush off your barbecue and use this vegan BBQ pulled jackfruit recipe to get this party started!
My friends just love this recipe so much. And with that, I mean they practically beg me to make it whenever we’re having a food party. It’s become a standard dish I make for my birthday party, because everyone likes a good vegan pulled jackfruit side! The combination of sweet, spicy and just a hint of sour makes this recipe a real hit.
Vegan BBQ pulled Jackfruit
- 1 can of jackfruit, drained
- 1 onion
- 200 g sweetcorn
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Piece of ginger, 5 cm
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chipotle chili flakes
- Pinch of pepper and salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 55 ml BBQ sauce
- Drain the jackfruit and shred the pieces by hand.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Chop the onion and mince the garlic and ginger. 3. Add the coconut oil and then add the minced garlic, ginger, and chipotle chili flakes.
- Add the chopped onion and cook until fragrant. Stir occasionally.
- Combine the spices (smoked paprika, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and sea salt) in a bowl.
- After about 5 minutes, add the shredded jackfruit, sweetcorn and spices into the frying pan. Keep stirring to combine. Let the jackfruit cook for 1-2 minutes with the spices before adding the BBQ sauce. Coat the jackfruit in the sauce and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Serve warm or cold, both delicious!