This vegan golden cake is the real deal. I promise you, there’s no egg in it at all. It’s turmeric that gives it its golden colour.
You might have noticed the turmeric trend that’s going on lately, including the so-called “golden lattes”. Well, since I added turmeric to this delicious cake, I think I’m entitled to call it a golden cake!
You know that fluffy texture a good cake should have? Well, this cake has that. It’s fluffy, soft and just so good. So without further ado, let’s start baking.
Vegan No-Egg Golden Cake
- 240 ml soy milk
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 160 g self raising flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 sachet (7 g) baking powder
- 113 g plant based butter
- 150 g white sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Mix the soy milk, turmeric and apple cider vinegar and leave this for at least five minutes. This is a very important step – the mixture will curdle, and gives it the fluffy texture we’re looking for in a cake.
- Meanwhile, mix the flour, corn starch, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the plant-based butter and sugar until its become a smooth mixture.
- Mix the vanille extract, soy milk and all dry ingredients until a smooth batter.
- Fill your baking tin about two-thirds and put in the oven for 20 minutes. Check if it’s ready by pricking it with a fork; if the fork comes out clean, your cake is ready!