It took me a while to be able to make the perfect vegan brownies. The texture is quite hard to get right when you’re not baking with eggs. But I think these brownies are the best – they might crumble a bit, but they’re still very moist. I’ve already received lots of compliments when serving them at parties!
Vegan Gooey Brownies
- 250 g flour
- 350 g cane sugar
- 70 g cacao powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 1 sachet baking powder (7 g)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 250 ml water
- 250 ml sunflower oil
- Optional: walnuts, coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 220 C.
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Gradually add the sunflower oil while stirring.
- Add the water and mix well.
- You can add walnuts to your liking now.
- Pour the mixture in a baking tin.
- Bake your brownies for about 30 minutes. Use a fork to see if the insides are too fluid still. If so, add another 5 to 10 minutes (but keep in mind that these brownies will always stay gooey on the inside).
- Leave on a cooling rack and serve with coconut flakes or some powdered sugar.