“I eat everything that nature voluntarily gives: fruits, vegetables, and the products of plants.”
I just came across this quote on Twitter and just loved the simplicity of it. And now I’ll share some of my own wisdom with you–namely, the recipe of my favorite drink mango lassi. I usually make this when we’re having curry for dinner and it’s lush.
It’s quite easy to make a vegan mango lassi. The only thing you’ll have to replace is the yogurt, but with so many lovely yogurt alternatives around nowadays, that’s hardly the challenge! I think this vegan mango lassi would also be a-ma-zing with a coconut alternative for yogurt.
I hope you enjoy this refreshing drink as much as I do!
vegan mango lassi
- 1 Mango
- 1 Alpro big pot plain yogurt alternative
- 2 tsp ground cardamom
- Couple of fresh mint leaves
- Handful of dried rose petals
- Chop up the mango and put it in a blender together with the Alpro yogurt alternative. Blend well.
- Add the cardamom, mint leaves and rose petals. Blend again until smooth.
- Serve in a glass as a refreshing drink with a spicy curry.